LifeSpring’s Counseling Ministry offers counseling with licensed professional counselors who address personal and relationship issues from a Christ-centered perspective.
A heart at peace gives life to the body…
A happy heart makes the face cheerful…
A discerning heart seeks knowledge.
—Proverbs 14 & 15
- You may need professional help to treat depression or anxiety.
- You may need support as you go through crisis or grief.
- You may need a truly confidential, listening ear when life struggles or transitions seem overwhelming.
- You may need an outside perspective to help clarify your thinking and explore options.
- You may need objective mediation to address relationship conflicts.
- You may need assistance managing an emotional disorder of your own or a loved one.
- You may need a coach to help you set and attain your own goals.
- You may need help learning strategies to overcome problems and move forward.
Whatever the need, help is available. We would be glad to help you find it.
FAQ’s about Lifespring Counseling Ministry
Who can come for counseling?
We offer counseling to individuals, couples, families, children, adolescents, and adults. We welcome clients regardless of race, gender, age, religious tradition, or cultural background.
Do I have to attend Lifespring to receive counseling services?
No. Lifespring Counseling Ministry is open to anyone, whether member, attender, or someone from the community.
Where are you located?
The counseling office is located at the Lifespring building, 1373 W Galbraith Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45231.
How do I get more information or set up an appointment?
You can contact the counseling office at (513) 522-7707 x23 or email Jordan McNeely. We will be happy to help
What will happen when I call the counseling office?
- We will listen to your concerns to understand your need.
- We will discuss options for addressing your concerns so you are able to make an informed choice.
- We will tell you what the Lifespring Counseling Ministry has to offer, as well as discuss the cost involved.
- We will discuss various options for quality, affordable counseling—we are committed to working with you to find the help you need.
Depending on your need we may:
- provide counseling with one of our licensed counselors.
- refer you to other counselors who may better meet your need.
- direct you to faith-based support groups, community agencies, or other resources
What services do you offer?
Professional, confidential counseling in the areas of:
- Depression and grief
- Anxiety and stress management
- Pre-marital counseling
- Marriage and family issues
- Communication problems
- Childhood and adolescent problems
- Abuse issues (physical, sexual, emotional)
- Anger management
- Self-esteem and personal growth
- Coaching life choices and skills
- Spiritual concerns and problems
What if I need medication or more specialized care?
We do not have any medical doctors or psychiatrists on staff, so we cannot prescribe medication. We will provide referral information to area professionals when additional sources of help would best meet the client’s needs. If you are on medication and under a doctor’s care, we are able and qualified to offer counseling to support that treatment.
What is the cost of counseling at Lifespring?
- The Lifespring Counseling Ministry fee is $60 per 50-minute session (for individual, couple, or family).
- We desire to make counseling affordable, so our fee remains well below the fee for most private counseling services in Cincinnati.
What if I cannot afford the fee?
- If financial assistance is needed, we offer a sliding fee, based on number in household and total income. This fee ranges from $30-$50.
- We are also happy to give you information on other low-cost counseling options.
Why is there a fee if this is a ministry of the church?
Lifespring Christian Church provides the facilities and counseling resources for the counseling ministry but does not pay or subsidize the counselors for counseling sessions. All of the counselors of the Lifespring Counseling Ministry offer counseling services as independent contractors. Our counselors have agreed to offer counseling at Lifespring at a lower fee than they could receive elsewhere because of their desire to make affordable counseling available.
Do you take insurance?
We do not accept insurance but are glad to refer you to other Christian counselors who do.
What if someone is in crisis or needs emergency help?
Lifespring Counseling Ministry is not staffed full-time, so we are not able to provide emergency services or treatment for intensive emotional or mental health needs.
In case of crisis or urgent need, please call one of the agencies listed here.
Weddings and Lifespring
“A man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife . . . therefore, what God has joined together, let man not separate.” —Matthew 19:5-6
God has a wonderful plan for marriage! His provision for man and woman to spend life together in a committed relationship can be one of life’s highest blessings. We’re anxious to see that your wedding day is not only a beautiful day in itself, but is also the beginning of a terrific marriage.
As a church we’re committed to helping couples build strong Christian marriages. Having a “church wedding” does not make a marriage Christian. Is our desire to help couples grow in a living relationship with God that will not only bring great joy to both individuals, but will also give the marriage the best possibility for success. We believe that couples who have a strong relationship with the Lord have an enormous advantage, and we want to assist couples in both planning a beautiful wedding and in laying the foundation for a beautiful marriage.
Please call the church office (513-522-7707) to arrange an appointment with one of the ministers for more information or to schedule a wedding.
Premarital counseling is an important part of preparing for marriage. It is not a religious indoctrination program, but rather focuses on the marriage relationship. Its purpose is to help the couple know each other better, consider potential problem areas of family life, understand how to keep love growing after marriage, and build a solid spiritual foundation for the home.
It is easy to put a lot of planning into a wedding and not prepare adequately for the marriage. Premarital counseling is not a guarantee of a successful relationship, but most couples feel it helps them begin marriage on more solid footing. It is desirable to begin premarital counseling as soon as possible after the decision to marry, preferably six months to a year before the wedding. When this is not possible, other arrangement can be made.
Goals of Premarital Counseling
- Identify your relationship strengths and areas for further growth
- Commit to a marriage based on spiritual unity and a desire to honor God
- Strengthen your communication skills
- Identify and manage major stressors
- Improve your skills for problem solving and conflict resolution
- Explore your relationship & families-of-origin issues
- Discuss financial planning and budgeting
- Establish personal, couple, and family goals
- Understand and appreciate personality differences
Premarital Counseling Options
Lifespring offers both premarital groups and premarital couple’s counseling to meet varied needs and schedules.
- These small, informal, interactive groups include both teaching and applying new skills as a couple.
- The groups meet for 16 hours, in a 6- or 8-week format with outside assignments between meetings.
- Couples getting married at Lifespring or by Lifespring ministers have priority registration. All others are welcome as space allows.
- The groups are scheduled based on need. To be sure we offer a group which fits your schedule, please contact the counseling office as early as possible.
- If the wedding is at Lifespring, the cost is included in the wedding fee. There is no additional charge for the premarital group or materials.
- If the couple is not getting married at Lifespring, cost for the premarital group is $150/couple, plus $50 for the cost of materials.
Premarital Couples Counseling
- Some people simply prefer counseling as a couple rather than in a group.
- This is also a good option for couples who have more unique situations, such as: cultural differences, second marriages, families with children, family-of-origin issues, or other issues which may not be covered in a group.
- This is also a great option for pre-engaged couples, trying to decide if they are ready to get married.
- These appointments normally consist of eight 50-minute sessions with outside assignments between sessions. But the scheduling of these can be flexed to meet the couple’s needs.
- If the wedding is at Lifespring, a portion of the wedding fee goes toward the cost of premarital counseling. The couple pays an additional $100 for eight 50-minute sessions of couple’s premarital counseling. This includes the cost of materials.
- If couple is not getting married at Lifespring, the cost for the counseling sessions is based on a sliding fee scale, ranging from $30 to $60 per session, plus $50 for the cost of materials.
For more information or to schedule premarital counseling, please contact the counseling office at 513- 522-7707 x23 or email Jordan McNeeley.
Crisis/Emergency Contact Information
Lifespring Counseling Ministry is not staffed full-time. Therefore, we are not able to provide emergency services or treatment for intensive emotional or mental health needs.
If you are experiencing an urgent mental health crisis or if safety is an issue, please call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
IF URGENT HELP IS NEEDED, CALL:
Crisis support & suicide prevention hotline staffed by mental health professionals
(513) 281-CARE ((513) 281-2273)
Psychiatric Emergency Services
Emergency Response Line for mental health services
Family and children crisis and violence prevention
(513) 221-HELP ((513) 221-4357)
Child abuse prevention hotline, also for adult survivors of abuse
Battered Women’s Shelter for rape, domestic crisis, and abuse
Hamilton County Children’s Services
Reporting child neglect, physical abuse, or sexual abuse
(513) 241-KIDS ((513) 241-5437)
Lighthouse Youth Crisis Center
Runaway/safe place for children and teens
You may also call 911 or go to any hospital emergency room.